Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Priorities

My week has been a bit frantic.  I have a tendency to try to fix everything and do everything myself for everyone else.  On Sunday, at church I walked in late to go to Sunday school, so I decided to watch my kids to see if they were behaving in there Sunday School class instead.  The kids were in a race to see who could built the highest tower of oreo cookies.  At first it was easy but by the time they got to 7 or 8 cookies there towers started to fall over.  There wise Sunday school teacher started talking about living a balanced life.  I'm not sure what passage they were studying but it reminded me of
 Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
 “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;


A lesson at that moment I really needed to think about.  I am a busy lady and have started thinking about redefining my priorities.  I came across this chart that kind of puts it all into perspective for me.  Trying to remember that in this busy season that the Lord is  my first priority and if I do that than everything else will fall into place.



No comments:

Post a Comment