Sunday, September 18, 2011

Speechless

Sometimes, my God just leaves me speechless.  It's just crazy, here I am thinking that we were going to be all alone in this process.  Oh my how I was wrong.  I still really can't believe it.  First as we were getting ready to commit to Nellie we saw that another family from Kearney, NE had just started there home study.  How unbelievable that was and still is to me.  Not only another family but we are adopting from the same country both little girls with down syndrome.  Our family dynamics are even similar.

Then I learn of several other families in our community that have adopted through RR in the past several years.  Really, how amazing is that?  We actually met these families a week ago, and they are all so supportive.  I look at their children and almost can't help but weep with joy.  If you don't know me I can cry at the drop of a hat.  I can't help it, I get extremely emotional especially at what is so close to my heart. Today, Zachary and Caleb and I watched a video on facebook, of one of there little boys when he actually met his siblings.  My boys sat there in complete awe, that little boy was swarmed with love from his sisters the moment they met.  Caleb looks at me and says they are an awesome family, and says it's going to be like that when Nellie gets here isn't it.  I hugged him and said yes Caleb it is.

I know these families are a blessing to me.  All I know is that when there is a need He provides, and I know these families were a need and they have been provided.  Oh my prayer is that when we have our daughter home somehow we are a blessing to another family who is willing to follow His lead and bring home a child. I pray that hearts are changed.  I don't  think I will ever stop advocating for these children, they are my heart.  All I know is that when I don't understand I trust God, when things are uncertain I trust God, when I'm having a bad day I  trust God, when  the obstacles seem to big to overcome I trust God, when I worry about where the money is going to come from I trust God, and when I am weak I trust God for strength.

I have been thinking today about Isaiah 40:28-31 today.  Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak.  Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

2 comments:

  1. It is AWESOME that you have all of that support. We have made some really solid friends in the adoption community. We have hardly anything in common with most of these families, but they understand us in a deeper way than nearly anyone else can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing!! God placed so many people all around you! i can't wait to see Nellie home with you too!
    i cry at the drop of a hat too. My kids are always making fun of me, because I will just randomly be crying about something that has moved me.

    ReplyDelete