Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Prayer

I have an appointment with a CPA  (certified accountant) tomorrow.  I need to do this because I am self employed.  I called 5 CPA's before I found one who would even see me.  The other 4 said it was against the law to write down anything that wasn't on my tax return.  I don't know if I was explaining what I needed wrong or what.  So anyways tomorrow is the day and I have to come with tons of paperwork and bank statements.  Please pray.  Also, hoping it isn't very expensive because this is another added expense that we weren't counting on.

Also, having a hard time getting Dan's work to fill out employment verification.  I asked for a piece of there letterhead to make it easier. I thought I would just put all the information on it so all they had to do was sign and notary.  Well let's just say it didn't go so well just for the piece of paper.  So it will be interesting when we actually need a signature.

I have called my bank 4 times to get them to fill out the paper to verify our mortgage.  Every time she says it will be in the mail the following day.  Hoping to see it tomorrow, and hoping it is done correctly.

There is such an urgency for me to get all this paperwork finished, but that is not the case for all the people who need to fill out paperwork.  I assumed in my head that once we told Nellie's story that others would just be willing to fill out paperwork. I guess I was wrong.  IT's coming together it is just a slow process.  I don't forsee our home study done until the end of October or the beginning of November.  The lady is super great and I think as soon as she gets reports back from our fingerprints she will be willing to get the report done as soon as possible but she is going on vacation for 2 weeks in the middle of October.

Also please pray for our finances.  We did not expect all these initial costs.  So far it has worked out but our next big step is a large chunk of money that we just don't have.  I am going to set up a chip in on the blog and if you feel led to donate it would be such a blessing, and an incredible gift to get Nellie one step closer to home.  If you donate towards the chip in it is not tax deductible.  It would really help with some more of these initial costs.

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for you, the paperwork sure is tough. Especially when no one else seems to know/care how important it is to you that it gets done correctly and promptly :/

    ReplyDelete