Saturday, March 17, 2012

Today has been an emotional day for me. Today March 17th, St. Patrick's Day will forever be a day of reflection and remembrance for a loved one in our family. Dan's Grandma recently past away and her birthday was on St. Patrick's Day. I love how she embraced the fact that her birthday was on this day. So much so that her nickname was Pat. I only had the privilege of knowing this great woman for a short part of her life. She had and continues to have a great impact on those that were around her. When I think of her I think of how I want to be more like her. She had a great love for her family, and all those that were in her life. She reminds me daily of what a wife and mother can look like. God puts people in our lifes for a reason, and she taught me so much. I don't think she knew what kind of impact that she had on me.

I remember traveling to Ogallala for the first time to meet Dan's family, and I remember the love that met me at the door the day I walked into Dan's grandparents home. I pray that someday I may have the same kind of impact on someone else.
Here she is when my youngest Noah was a baby.  He is now almost 6 and I can't help but wonder what she would have though about my girls.  Sometimes I think she might be a bit shocked at first, I can almost see her eyes getting really big.  But I know she would have lovingly embraced Bella and Gracie as part of our family.  It is so hard to think about the fact that she won't be able too.

No comments:

Post a Comment