Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Over 50 balloons so far.  Over 50 babies whose pictures will land somewhere.  Over 50 babies faces that might break someones heart.  Over 50 babies with pleas for someone to come get them.  Continue to share our fundraiser.  I so appreciate all of you who have donated and all of you who have shared. We kind of had an issue with our taxes and at this point we are not even sure how much we still need to raise.  We were planning on using our whole tax refund for our adoption and it looks like we aren't getting back as much as we thought.  I know we need more than 8,000.  Hopefully in the next few days it will be clear as to how much it is that we really need.  I do know we will be traveling in the next 6 weeks or so.  


I'm antsy.  I move from one thing to another not really accomplishing anything.  Is this normal?  My poor kids, I get them started on one subject and they are like mom what are we to do.  Why because I go do something else and completely leave them sitting there.  I'm hoping this gets better soon, I feel like I'm in a pinball machine bouncing from one point to another without stopping for a breath.  I'm not sure why, I really don't have much to do right now.  I'm not sure if I should be packing, or fundraising, or cleaning, or just hanging out with my boys because I will be leaving them soon.  So I work on all of them at the same time, and it is not working for me to well.

So today I am going to slow down, and really try to figure this all out.  I want to be prepared to go to get my girls but more than that, I want to go and be able to make connections with people.  I want our visit to make a difference for more than just our girls.  So please pray that I will be different, be bold, and make some kind of impression on our orphanages.  I so badly want people there to know how valued our children are, and how valued all those children are.  I pray that the stereotypes of why Americans want these sweet children are changed.  I pray that there country is changed that someday these kiddos will be valued and loved in there own land. These kids are truly treasures, and gifts from God.  And in some small way I pray that the Lord can use me while we are there, that someone will be changed in country and children with needs in this place will have a glimmer of hope.

1 comment:

  1. I blogged about pretty much the same thing, today. Feels like we're stuck in a holding pattern, waiting for the all-clear to land. I can't focus for any length of time either. Hang in there. It'll be behind us soon and we'll be holding our kids :)

    ReplyDelete