Thursday, October 6, 2011

NEW PUPPY

Well, I'm not sure what I was thinking. Last night I was looking at my email and noticed on freecycle that someone was giving away there maltese bichon puppy. So, I asked Dan what he thought and moments before he went to work he said okay.

On a whim, I thought oh my boys would love another puppy. My boys sure do love there dog, Abraham. Caleb is the dog lover of our family. To be honest he loves our dog to pieces so my thought two dogs would mean twice as much love, right! So, I responded and sure enough we brought home a 10 month old puppy. After about two hours I was like what did we get ourselves into, as Abraham was showing himself to be quite jealous. It was a long night. When we brought him home he wouldn't stop shaking so we showed him all kinds of love and it didn't take long before he came out of his shell. The first thing we needed to do was rename him because we weren't going to call him dustmop, his previous name. So now the Cole Clan has two dogs Abraham, and Moses. Today we brought the puppy to the groomer and the vet. Come to find out this precious little puppy had been abused, given away, and was unloved. He had an infection and several other things that needed to be taken care of. He is at the vet for the night. Hopefully he will come home tomorrow.

This new abandoned puppy reminds me of my Nellie. In her world she is living a life of hardship. At four years old there simply is no one to show her love, or to take care of her the way she should be taken care of. She has been abandoned, given up on by society, deemed unlovable. But baby girl we love you and we are coming for you, and we will help you heal. We will be there for you. The Lord has a great plan for your life and I am so ready to watch you grow. So I persevere and work until I get to you. Praying that we can hold her soon, here her laugh, and just love her.

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your words about Nellie. praying right there with you that she is home with you soon.

    Congrats on the new puppy...

    ReplyDelete