Saturday, October 1, 2011

Couponing Fundraiser

I know that most of you are not local who read this but I thought I would put it here anyway.
If you don't know me very well then you don't know that I can be one of those crazy coupon ladies. Several years ago I started coupon clipping and learned how to save tons of money each month on my grocery bills. We have a family of seven and I run a full time daycare, and usually feed 15 people per meal. My grocery bills were getting huge and I needed to do something to get the cost down. A friend of mind showed me the ropes and boy did I find that clipping coupons saved so much money. My grocery bills were in excess of 350.00 a week, and now I spend depending on the week around 130.00. That is huge savings but now my grocery bill also includes diapers, wipes, formula, tp, shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, make up, vitamins, etc. The 350.00 amount I used to spend did not include all of these items and just food.

So as I learned the process I started stockpiling items, as I soon found out that I could get things for free I bought them. Yes, for free or even sometimes I was paid to take items home. What I found out is that my garage became overloaded with stuff that I knew our family wasn't ever going to use. So I started giving my extras to people that could use them.

So now I am hoping to use my skill of saving money to help bring Nellie home. I am hosting a couponing class in Kearney in November. I do have fliers if you are interested in handing some out. If interested please let me know. However, I wanted to put it out there that if you live in Nebraska, and think there is enough interest in your community I would be willing to travel and host a class. It would be a great way to support us and Nellie and learn how to get good deals at the same time. So if your interested comment with your email address and we can talk about the details.

2 comments:

  1. where will the classes be held at? I'm from GI and I would come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am having two classes one November 5th at 1:00pm to 3:30pm. It will be at Crossroads Church SBC. Would love for you to come. If you would like some fliers to put around town let me know.

    ReplyDelete