Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My heart is heavy tonight with gratitude.  I don't even know if I have the words to express how I feel.  When I am overcome with emotion, my words always get twisted and I never seem to say adequately what I am thinking.  Tonight I am just so so thankful.  I know I have said it over and over again but really I am just astounded as to how others have helped us through this process.   It was a humbling experience before to have people, strangers hand us money because they wanted to help us get our girls. However humbling and unbelievable it was before, it is even more so now.  To think we were fully funded and almost traveled five months ago, to needing more to be able to travel again.  It was hard before but this time it is even harder to ask others to help out. I am just so shockingly amazed every time someone thinks of us, and blesses us with a donation.  Don't think your donations go unnoticed.  They are appreciated and we rejoice everytime.  I completely understand what our economy is like right now, and know that your gifts could be used somewhere else, yet you choose to help us, and everytime I think about it I get teary.  I so don't deserve all of you shouting out to the world for our little (well soon to be big) family. We are just one ordinary family, nothing special about us.  We don't live in a huge house, we don't drive fancy cars, we are even known to eat boxed macaroni and cheese a few too many times during the week.  We are just a family that listened to the whispers of  our God, who told us to go.  I know that there is at least 1 of you out there that wants to do the same.  Please don't wait any longer.  Please make the choice to save another life.  There are others that will support you, I will support you.  Please I am asking you to ask  yourself if you have room in your family to love just one more child. If the answer is yes, then adoption is doable, and so absolutely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how your adoption was going since I stopped by some time ago. Checked your blog several times but it was closed, so I'm happy to see things are moving in a forward direction again now. Best of wishes!

    ReplyDelete